TELEHEALTH COVERAGE / COST
Is Telehealth Covered under any Health Plans?
You are encouraged to contact your extended medical providers to confirm TeleHealth is a covered service for your specific plan. To date we have heard that the following are covering Virtual Care/TeleHealth:
‣ Canada Life, Manulife, GreatWest Life, Sunlife, Medavie, Pacific Blue Cross, Medavie Blue Cross and Greenshield.
‣ TeleHealth is currently covered by ICBC.
‣ WorksafeBC has approved TeleHealth for continuation of services, but new assessments are not covered by TeleHealth at this point.
‣ We will update this list as new information comes in - what is available is continually changing.
How much will it cost?
‣ In most cases, the cost of Virtual Care / TeleHealth will be less than a direct care visit.
‣ There are several factors that need to be taken into account such as: length of time; how involved or complex the virtual visit is; is it a full assessment; or a review of home exercises program; etc. and so on.
‣ We will discuss the options for payment before the treatment, including extended benefit coverage and private fees.
Method of Payment:
‣ we can direct bill to most Extended Health Benefit plans.
‣ we are set up for private payments: electronic, Email, Stripe, Credit card.